Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Salary: £13.21 p/h - £14.30 p/h
Job Part time:
Benefits: Flexitime/work from home.
Full Job description.
Bunny Parish Council is seeking a Clerk/Responsible Financial officer due to the impending retirement of the current clerk. Bunny is a small village in Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire. The Parish council has a precept of approximately £22,350 per year and serves a community of around 700 people.
This is primarily a home-based position typically requiring 7 hours per week (30 hours pcm.) Salary will be commensurate with qualifications (e.g, CiLCA) and experience and referenced to the scale LC2 18- 22, SCP (£13.21 p/h - £14.30 p/h).
The Council seeks an experienced Clerk but will provide training and support for any aspects of the role that an applicant may not be familiar with.
Key skills required include excellent communication, a high standard of accuracy and numeracy, good administrative organisation and tact and diplomacy.
A full range of IT skills including the use of Word, Excel and PAYE tools is also required.
Experience of local government or Parish Council work would be an advantage.
The key duties of the Clerk are:
- attending and supporting the 8 Councillors at meetings normally held third Thursday of month at Bunny Village Hall.
- preparing meeting agendas and minutes and statutory returns
- following up and actioning Council resolutions
- dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence
- administering bank account (on-line), including payments & receipts
- preparing budgets, annual accounts, and precept application
- Administration for the Bunny Village Hall.
- maintaining records and key documentation.
For more information, please refer contact the Chair of Bunny Parish Council. Izumi Featherstone, email: Izumi.email@example.com .
Application deadline: 12th July 2022.