We are the Voluntary Sector Development Team, and we would like to introduce ourselves to you, to let you know that we are here to support you and the voluntary sector organisations, groups, or clubs that work with children and young people in Nottinghamshire.
We would like to reach as many play/youth settings across the county as possible, following the covid pandemic many play/youth settings are just going back to normal, we can support groups by developing committees, reviewing policies, and finding out about funding opportunities.
We are hoping you could promote our service through your local networks and together we can increase opportunities for local children and young people.
Please see the link below that provides further details on how we can support the voluntary sector.
The Voluntary Sector Development Team can work with groups to:
- Develop existing organisations/groups
- Identify the legal requirements that are compulsory for voluntary sector groups/organisations g. policies and training
- Help with the recruitment of Volunteers /Committee Members
- Identifying funding and support you with your applications
- Signpost you to training
- Help apply for DBS clearance for volunteers and paid staff
Please find attached a leaflet about our service and what it can offer groups. We would be most grateful if you can share the information attached with colleagues, groups, and others who may find it useful.
If you have any questions or want any more information please email the team at VoluntarySectorDeveloprnentTearn@nottscc.gov.uk
Voluntary Sector Development Technical Specialist Bilsthorpe Young People's Centre,
Eakring Road, Nottinghamshire NG22 SPY